January 5 2018
We all love to pamper ourselves with different beauty treatments. These beauty treatments can clear up our skin, make our hair shinier, our bodies more supple and smooth but honestly some of these treatments that you can buy are just insanely expensive. Why should you go broke over something that you can do yourself at home? Here are some recipes to try.
Green Tea Toner
Green tea is well known for its antioxidant properties and stimulating caffeinated effects. Green tea also contains a number of health benefits for skin. It can provide a little sun protection, help reduce inflammation and increase the skin’s elasticity. Green tea toner can cleanse and reduce the appearance of pores and give your skin a youthful glow. Making green tea toner at home is an inexpensive way to enhance your skin care routine.
- Add 2 green tea bags to 1 cup of boiling water.
- Let the tea steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and put the tea into an air tight container. You may also use a small, clean spray bottle to store this green tea toner recipe.
- Apply the homemade toner to your face and neck twice a day. This can be done by dabbing a small cotton ball into the container or if you used a spritz bottle just spritz on your face and do not rinse it off.
Acne Scar Fading Honey Mask
Homemade honey face masks can help your acne scars fade away and help with discolouration of the skin. Not only that but it will give your skin a healthy vitamin B boost which will brighten and tone your skin.
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- 3 drops of palmarosa essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Using clean fingers, apply the mask evenly on your face.
- Let the mask sit on your face for 15-30 minutes.
- Wash the mask off with warm water and pat your skin dry.
DIY Eye Cream
This eye cream is made with vitamin E oil and coconut oil which are both amazing for hydration and keeping skin supple, youthful and healthy, especially around sensitive areas like the eyes.
- ½ a teaspoon of coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- Find an empty lip balm container.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan until it is liquefied.
- Once the coconut oil cools down a tiny bit, pour into the lip calm container and mix in the vitamin E oil.
- Leave the mixture in the fridge to solidify.
Ultimate Hair Mask
So many people don’t realize that some of the best hair restoratives could be bought right in their own grocery store or could even be found in their pantry! Avocado, honey and coconut oil are all incredibly hydrating, protective and repairing ingredients for your hair.
- 1 ripe, pitted avocado scooped out
- 2 tablespoons of melted/liquefied coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 3 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil
- Pour ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Apply mask to damp hair for 45 minutes. Keep hair in a shower cap.
- Wash and condition hair as usual.