May 2 2017
Toner is a skin cleanser that helps to clean the pores in your face and reduce their appearance. Unfortunately many toners found on the market have a lot of harsh chemicals in them which can leave your skin dry and stripped of its natural oils which are necessary for keeping your skin hydrated and protected. Typically a toner is applied to a clean (as in not wearing makeup) skin with a cotton swab. Here is a recipe and two different ways to mix it to suit your skin tone! Here is what you will need.
- Filtered water
- Organic apple cider vinegar
- Lavender essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- For normal to dry skin, mix 1/3 part vinegar to 2/3 part filtered water. Add a few 10 drops of the essential oils per 2 oz. of toner mix.
- For oily and acne-prone skin, mix 1/2 part vinegar and 1/2 part filtered water and then add 10 drops of lavender and rosemary essential oil for every 2 oz. of the toner mix.
- Store in a glass bottle at room temperature.
- Use toner twice a day – first thing in the morning and right before bed.